Heartburn During Pregnancy
November 19, 2009
Causes of Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Hormones- During pregnancy your body releases hormones which relax the muscles in your body. This can cause the muscles that close of the upper stomach to relax, releasing gastric acid from your stomach into your esophagus, causing irritation.
- Eating acidic or greasy foods- Spicy, highly seasoned, fried food, fatty foods, tomatoes, citrus fruits, vinegar, and mustard can contribute to acid stomach.
- Baby- Your growing baby puts pressure on your stomach, giving you less room. This can literally squeeze the contents of your stomach out
- Morning Sickness- morning sickness, nausea and vomiting can also create heartburn.
Preventing Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Eat small, frequent meals- Eat little meals every few hours instead of big meals. This will keep you from over-filling your stomach.
- Chew Your Food Well- Chewing stimulates your salivary glands and helps digest your food better, faster and more completely. Saliva can act as a natural antacid. Even chewing gum after a meal can be helpful.
- Avoid caffeinated beverages, tea, coffee, and sodas. Also chocolate, acidic foods like citrus, vinegar and tomatoes, processed meat and spicy foods. If you are going to consume acidic foods try adding a pinch of baking soda.
- Don’t lie down immediately after you eat.
- Wear loose fitting clothes.
- Walk around after you eat- walking and movement stimulate your digestive process.
- Sleep with your head propped up slightly Try placing 4-5 inch blocks or bricks under the foot of the head of your bed. This will incline your bed slightly and help keep the contents of your stomach inside your stomach.
- Exercise regularly.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
Treatment for Heartburn During Pregnancy
- Slippery elm tea or herb can be helpful in easing stomach acid.
- Use techniques such as those in the Pregnancy Pain Relief book to help loosen abdominal tension and take pressure off of your stomach.
- Follow prevention guidelines above.
- Talk to your doctor about using antacids. Antacids can prevent the absorption of certain nutrients (like tums) and may slow down the digestive process. Ask your doctor which antacid is safe to use.
When You Should Call Your Doctor
- Your pain is intense and interfering with daily activities.
- You have rhythmic pain with cramping.
The Pain Relief book may not be able to stop heartburn, however…. don’t suffer another moment with the other pains you are experiencing. Would you give the Pregnancy Pain Relief book a try?
The Pregnancy Pain Relief book will guide you out of pain and into comfort. Whether you have back, hip, chest, groin pain, rib pain, or round ligament pain due to pregnancy, this book covers what you need to do to get great results. There is no need for drugs when you use the right techniques.
The Pregnancy Pain Relief book comes with the Pregnancy Pain Guide inside. You are actually getting two books for the price of one.
The Pregnancy Pain Guide lists all of the major types of pains and discomforts that you may experience during your pregnancy. It describes what is normal and when to call the doctor. You’ll love having this information close at hand.
This book is guaranteed to get you the relief you are looking for or you get 100% of your money back. This guarantee is not just for 30 days like other offers, we offer you 9 months to change your mind and get your money back.
Try the Pregnancy Pain Relief book out, if for any reason you don’t like it, just let us know and get a full refund. Your baby will be in your arms before this guarantee runs out.
You do want to be out of pain don’t you? Then be sure to pick up your copy of the Pregnancy Pain Relief book today.
Only $24.97 in a large paper back at Lulu.com
That’s less than the cost of one visit to your local massage therapist or chiropractor and works better and lasts longer than using either one. ………………..Only $24.97
Or get the eBook version for $9.97
And for a limited time, it can all be yours for the very low price of $9.97 USD for the ebook….
Within minutes of your order you will receive, by email the download information for your copies of the Pregnancy Pain Relief book and the Pregnancy Pain Guide.
You’ll also receive your first Week by Week email.
The Pregnancy Pain Relief book and its information will soon be available in stores.
We use PayPal to take your orders because they are a trusted and secure site. Your information is just too precious to leave to chance.
Yes you can have the eBooks
Pregnancy Pain Relief book and the Pregnancy Pain Guide
today for only $9.97.
“I Guarantee this book will help you with your pain by using the secrets I am revealing to you.”
Keith Cox MT, HHP,ABT,