Groin Pain During Pregnancy
July 22, 2009
Your experiencing groin pain is really common during pregnancy. It can occur at any time during pregnancy, but is generally the most problematic in the third trimester.
Some Treatments You Can Use for Groin Pain During Pregnancy are:
- Use ice or heat.
- Take acetaminophen for pain.
- See a chiropractor, massage therapist, or acupuncturist.
- Use a pregnancy belt or support device…is helpful….
- When laying down use a pregnancy pillow…You’ll love pillows, they help so much...
- Have your partner help you with pregnancy pain relief techniques. Of course I had to put this in…
- Take a warm bath…. Add some sea salts…and a little lavender (the real stuff not lavenden).
- Herbal medicine. Natural as much as possible.
Preventing You from Experiencing Groin Pain During Pregnancy
The following are things you can do to reduce groin pain. Sometimes it is not possible to eliminate all pain entirely, but the following tips can help dramatically.
- Practice good posture- Stand with your hips and pelvis tucked in and your shoulders back and head up.
- Wear good shoes- high heeled shoes and shoes without support can contribute to groin pain.
- When sleeping or resting, lie on your side with your knees and hips bent. Try placing a pillow between your knees and one under your belly. This can take pressure off your groin, hips and back. There are also some great pregnancy pillows that can help make you more comfortable.
- Try a pregnancy support belt.
- Practice safe lifting and bending- To lower your body, bend at the knees instead of the waist. Use your thigh muscles to push yourself up.
- If you will be standing for extended periods of time, try to keep one of your feet elevated on a low stool.
- Exercise regularly to strengthen your body and help support your increasing weight.
- Prenatal Yoga- is excellent for keeping your body moving and increasing mobility while decreasing pain.
- Be sure you are getting adequate calcium and magnesium in your diet.
- Get your partner or a friend to help you with techniques such as those in the Pregnancy Pain Relief book. Believe me this makes it so easy to feel better….
- Pregnancy massage (prenatal massage) – regular massages can help keep your body loose and comfortable, helping you manage stress and pain.
- Acupuncture- can help keep you balanced and prevent you from aching.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Chiropractic visits can be helpful for groin pain.
- When you sit, elevate your feet slightly.
- Try to take breaks at least every half hour and don’t cross your legs.
Things That Can Cause Your Groin Pain During Pregnancy
- Increase in Hormones-Your body is running high with hormones such as progesterone and relaxin which have a loosening effect on your muscles, joints, and ligaments. This process helps prepare your body for childbirth, but also causes relaxation of tissues and joints that normally support your body.
- Structural Changes- Your body is changing each day. Your stomach muscles are stretching, as is your uterus. Your baby is increasing in size, putting extra strain on your hips and pelvis to hold you up. Your center of gravity is shifting. You are using your muscles in different ways and this can cause discomfort in your groin area. This is where the Pregnancy Pain Relief book shines.
- Weight gain- As your pregnancy progresses you are gaining weight and this puts strain on your hips and pelvis, which are stretching and widening to make room for baby.
- Poor posture- Bending and sitting improperly can put extra pressure and tension on your hips and groin as can standing for extended periods of time.
- Stress- Stress causes tension and stiffness in all parts of your body. With the extra pressure that maternity places on your hips and pelvis, groin pain is not uncommon. Try out some of our stress relieving tips.
- Round ligament- can create intermittent sharp pains in the hips, pelvis, and uterus along the inside of your hip bones and in the groin. This type of pain is caused by stretching in the uterus putting pressure on the round ligament that holds it in place. The free technique will help a lot with round ligament pain.
- Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction- is a condition of instability in the pelvic joints, specifically the pubic bone, which can be aggravated by relaxed ligaments during pregnancy.
When You Should Call Your Doctor
- Your groin pain is very intense.
- Your groin pain is getting increasingly worse.
- You have rhythmic hip and pelvic pain that feels like menstrual cramps.
- You are having spotting or bleeding.
Ok …. that was a lot of information…
Getting Relief from groin pain using the Pregnancy Pain Relief book is quite simple.
It contains several chapters that use safe, effective, and gentle techniques to rid your body of this common pain.
You will look, feel, and be happier when you are walking pain free. Other women will be jealous of how easily you move about and how much you are enjoying your pregnancy because you are out of pain.
The chapters on Working the belly, and the chapters on releasing the hips and legs will benefit you so much.
These secret techniques have never before been shared with the public, yet are now available to you.
Not even your doctor, chiropractor, doula, or massage therapist knows of these simple to do techniques. And you won’t need them to get you out of pain.
“My groin pain made it hard to walk, I could feel it relaxing almost instantly by applying your techniques.”
“I had breast pain that was unbearable. After using your approach two times the pain disappeared. Thanks Keith “
I had two massages and a chiropractic adjustment, nothing to help with my groin pain. My friend bought your book for me. Wow, It really made a difference. I was shocked because it took so little time to get rid of the pain.”
Order this incredible Book right now and receive the unheard of 9 month, 100% Satisfaction Guarantee.
Your baby will be in your arms before this guarantee runs out.
Be sure to order your copy today.
“I Guarantee YOUR groin pain will go away if you apply these secrets I am revealing to you.”
Keith Cox MT, HHP,ABT,
Don’t suffer another moment with groin pain.
The Pregnancy Pain Relief book will guide you out of pain and into comfort. Whether you have back, hip, chest, pelvic, or round ligament pain due to pregnancy, this book covers what you need to do to get great results. There is no need for drugs when you use the right techniques.
The Pregnancy Pain Relief book comes with the Pregnancy Pain Guide inside. You are actually getting two books for the price of one.
The Pregnancy Pain Guide lists all of the major types of pains and discomforts that you may experience during your pregnancy. It describes what is normal and when to call the doctor. You’ll love having this information close at hand.
This book is guaranteed to get you the relief you are looking for or you get 100% of your money back. This guarantee is not just for 30 days like other offers, we offer you 9 months to change your mind and get your money back.
Try the Pregnancy Pain Relief book out, if for any reason you don’t like it, just let us know and get a full refund. Your baby will be in your arms before this guarantee runs out.
You do want to be out of pain don’t you? Then be sure to pick up your copy of the Pregnancy Pain Relief book today.
Only $24.97 in a large paper back at Lulu.com
That’s less than the cost of one visit to your local massage therapist or chiropractor and works better.
Or get the eBook version for $9.97
And for a limited time, it can all be yours for the very low price of $9.97 USD for the ebook….
Within minutes of your order you will receive, by email the download information for your copies of the Pregnancy Pain Relief book and the Pregnancy Pain Guide.
You’ll also receive your first Week by Week email.
The Pregnancy Pain Relief book and its information will soon be available in stores.
We use PayPal to take your orders because they are a trusted and secure site. Your information is just too precious to leave to chance.
Yes you can have the eBooks
Pregnancy Pain Relief book and the Pregnancy Pain Guide
today for only $9.97.
“I Guarantee YOUR pelvic pain and cramps will go away if you apply these secrets I am revealing to you.”
Keith Cox MT, HHP,ABT,
Now don’t forget to order your copy of the Pregnancy Pain Relief
For a Better Birth Experience Take a Look at Hypnobabies
You want to enjoy the birth experience as much as possible. You want to remember this day with a smile on your face.
There is no better way than for you to take an active part in understanding what you can do to take control of your body and mind.
By learning techniques to:
- Overcome your fears
- Replace your anxieties with knowledge
- Avoid excessive pain through relaxing into your labor experience
- Learning to relax your body into the contractions as they happen.
- Learn that YOU CAN control how things will go.
- How your birth partner can assist you on staying focused on the techniques you’ve learned.
Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis Our Hypnobabies Home Study Course for Expectant Mothers is for women who want to ENJOY their baby’s natural birth by using hypnosis to eliminate pain and fear, and cannot attend a Hypnobabies Class, or simply want to study on their own.
Hypnobabies Home Study Course is an advanced Hypnosis for Childbirth course, using CDs and our Hypnobabies Workbook to prepare for birthing with little or no discomfort.
Hypnobabies is based on Master Hypnotist Gerald Kein’s Painless Childbirth Program and is extremely successful.
It is the only childbirth hypnosis program that teaches “Eyes Open Childbirth Hypnosis”, allowing the birthing mother to walk and talk and move around during labor, and yet remain deeply in hypnosis, relaxed and physically comfortable throughout. This is a very important feature for labor, to enable you to use upright positions for descent and positioning of your baby.
You must be prepared to learn self-hypnosis techniques which you will practice on a daily basis until your baby is born, and this is such and easy and naturally enjoyable daily routine!
Hypnobabies is also a COMPLETE childbirth education course, with a Nutritional Program, Pre-natal Exercises, Birth Plan, Optimal Fetal Positioning, Avoiding Back Labor, Anatomy and Physiology, Birthing Choices, Comfort and Safety in Pregnancy, Consumer Issues, Staying Healthy and Low Risk, Unexpected Situations, and much more.
You’ll use our Hypnobabies Workbook, CDs and hypnosis scripts to train the inner mind that contractions in labor will be felt only as pressure, tightening, pushing and baby movement sensations.
Hypnobabies uses the same kind of hypnosis techniques that people employ when preparing for surgery without any medication, which is called hypno-anesthesia.
Our classes also teach the Hypnobabies Birth Partners how to fully support our Hypno-moms, although Hypnobabies can also be used very successfully by single mothers.
Be sure to get groin pain relief by ordering your copy of the Pregnancy Pain Relief book.